SkillsUSA Virginia Events - Stadium Design Competition
Stadium Design Competition
All students will have the chance to participate in a competition to design the next stadium for the Washington Commanders. All submissions will be judged by a panel of Team Executives.
Competitors will produce renderings of the following:
• 3 renderings of the stadium from the outside
• 3 renderings of the stadium from the field/seating bowl point of view
• 2 renderings of premium hospitality lounges/clubs inside the stadium
• 1 rendering of the locker room
• 1 rendering of the team store
Here is an example of renderings for SoFi Stadium from 2018:
The stadium should be domed and have a capacity of 60,000 seats. The site for our competition's purposes will be where RFK Stadium is located in Washington D.C.
We would like to include traffic management/parking as part of the competition, as that is a huge part of the gameday experience.
• The new stadium should be set to open in 2027, which will be our organization's 95th
• The Washington Commanders have a rich history of players and teams that need to be
highlighted in the ring of honor at the new stadium.
Here is the current list of names in the ring of honor at FedExField:
• The 5 Championship years should also be incorporated into the stadium design:
1937, 1942, 1982, 1987,1991
• SkillsUSA will have the naming rights for this stadium for our purposes.
Submissions due by November 3, 2023
to John Kim at